Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Third Trimester with Baby #2


This pregnancy has truly FLOWN by! Maybe it's because I didn't go on bedrest with this baby, or because I have a toddler who keeps me SUPER busy and I don't have time to think about being pregnant!!!

I'm not gonna lie though... these last few weeks have gotten tough being so pregnant with a toddler. It's gotten hard to keep up with him, clean up, and then not feel bad about not being able play rough with my little man! Bending over to pick up his toys is even hard!

Here are my third trimester details...

How I feel:
Well I don't feel TOO bad... I am a little more tired lately {but I am trying to keep up with a 2 year old}, it's harder to sleep, and I think I just feel BIG.  People keep telling me I'm not that big for 37 weeks pregnant... but I feel like it. This bump is just always in the way :)  But really, when I think about how I felt last pregnancy, I think I'm doing pretty good for 37 almost 38 weeks pregnant. I am feeling her move a LOT more than in my 2nd trimester, but she really doesn't have much room anymore, so any tiny movements I can feel.  She doesn't move as much as Caycen did when I was pregnant with him.

Cravings:
ok... so I think I still crave things I see on commercials.  I saw a Cinnamon Toast Crunch commercial the other day and you better bet that I had me some to eat the next morning :) I haven't eaten Cinnamon Toast Crunch since college!!! haha! But it sure was good... I'm also back in a chocolate donut kick, wanting them for a snack or something sweet after dinner. Other than that, not too many cravings.

Body:
My stomach has gotten SUPER tight! I feel really big... I have gained about 30 lbs total so far... hoping I don't gain too much more.  I don't really have any swelling this time either, which is great. I pray that I don't swell like I did when I was in labor with Caycen.  Here are some pics of the 3rd trimester belly growth:

30 weeks
35 weeks
37 weeks

here is a comparison of 37 weeks with Caycen vs. 37 weeks with Gracie June:
I think I poke out about the same, but Caycen was definitely a lot more of a curve and Gracie is more at a point in the middle of my belly! It's fun to see the difference :)

Best Moment:
My best moment in the 3rd trimester is probably my 36 week appointment where I got to see our sweet little girl in the ultrasound one more time before she makes her appearance into the world. She was just precious. They measured her to be about 5 lbs 12 oz from the ultrasound. I'm so excited to actually be able to hold her!

Worst Moment:
TOUGH... probably anytime that Caycen wants me to play on the floor with him and I just can't move around the way that he wants me to. I feel horrible when I can't play with him and give him, especially since his whole world is about to be rocked.

Well, this may be my last "pregnancy" post before giving my delivery story... being pregnant a second time has definitely gone by fast, but it's been a challenge {especially toward the end} having a two year old to chase around at the same time.  We are planning that this will be our last baby {we think 2 is a great number for us}.  I think I've said this before, but I'm just not one of those girls that absolutely LOVES being pregnant... nope... not me at all... so I look forward to bringing this baby into the world and I am so excited for her to meet her big brother!!! I just know he's going to LOVE Gracie June!!!

Hope you enjoyed all of my pregnancy posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment