Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pregnancy Update

So, I haven't blogged in a while... I don't really know what my excuse is... I haven't done much or been too busy.  But anyway, I thought I would update everyone on the pregnancy.

I am 37 weeks as of yesterday! WOOHOO!!! I made it to full-term!  Since I have been on bed rest I have read a lot, watched some t.v., played Golden Eye (haha Chance is so proud of me), checked a lot of blogs, done a lot of laundry, and taken TONS of naps! I finished two books "Something Borrowed" and "Something Blue" by Emily Giffin.  The two books go together and they are great! I definitely like "Something Blue" a LOT better though!!  I can't wait to go see the movie with my besties!  I am now reading the third book by Emily Giffin "Baby Proof".  So far it's looking pretty good too.

Now to the pregnancy... While I was on strict bed rest, weeks 33-36, I couldn't get up except to use the bathroom or take a shower... man that stunk!!!  I didn't have anything really going on at all during those weeks.  At week 36 they took me off of the Procardia, the medicine that was keeping me from contracting.  About 2 days after getting off the medicine (Wednesday), I started feeling sharp pains, almost like a knife going through me, down in my wahoo (sorry I couldn't come up with a better word).  The doctor checked me and said that the baby is VERY low and is probably hitting my cervix which is causing the pains. Then the next day (Thursday), I started feeling the sharp pains along with cramping in my lower abdomen.  The pain and cramping only lasted about 10 seconds and wasn't very consistent, so I knew I shouldn't call the doctor.  I tried timing them and they would be 8 minutes, then 10, then 8, then 20, then an hour... I was confused, but decided to wait it out and just see if they got any more normal.  I waited out for two days.  Then on Saturday morning I started getting a constant cramping, headache, and felt very nauseous... so I called the doctor on call and he told me that was "normal"... ugh!  I was so confused though, because when I went into preterm labor I had the cramping, I went in, and they told me I was having contractions and dilated a cm!!! How can this be normal?? But whatever, I guess I will have to deal with it. I have been "dealing" with it since... My mom also called a close friend of the family who is a midwife and she says that I'm just having really strong Braxton Hicks contractions, but I heard that those don't hurt... I guess everyone is different.  Well today I have my doctor's appointment and I am anxious to hear what she has to say.

I feel like I have had a pretty easy pregnancy, except for the preterm labor and all, but this last week has been horrible! I having been sleeping well at all, I get up every hour to use the bathroom, my feet and hands keep swelling, I had proteinuria (good think my blood pressure was normal because then it could have been preeclampsia), I have had the shooting pains and cramping for almost a week, and I am READY for him to come out!!!  No doubt, this is the worst part of pregnancy for me! 

Ok something positive... I have the greatest family and friends EVER!!!!! My mom drove down on Saturday "just in case" I was going into labor, my in-laws have been feeding us almost every night this past weekend, my friends have constantly been checking on me, some of my co-workers brought us dinner one night, and even my family has been calling and emailing me to say they were thinking of me!  It's so nice to know that I have sooo many supporters! 

Now for those of you who have had babies, I need your feedback... what are your labor stories?? Were there signs before you started going into labor? How many weeks were you when you went into labor? How long were you in labor? Did your water break?  Did you have to been induced, was it natural, or a c-section?  How much did the baby weigh and how long was he/she? Did you do anything trying to make yourself go into labor and did anything work?

I can't wait to hear every one's stories!!!! You can either leave a comment here, leave a link to your blog with your story, or even leave me a comment or message on facebook!! I'm sure everyone else would love to hear your stories too! :)

Well, my appointment is at 4:00 today, so I have a long day of waiting to see what the doctor says... Will you please do me a favor and PRAY that this little man comes soon??? Thanks everyone!

love ~Aimes


  1. praying for you!!!! sorry to disappoint but the movie something borrowed is not NEARLY as good as the book! all the books are wonderful though :)
    I have my labor story on my blog...here's my version:
    Zach's version of the story:
    And my mom's version:
    Hope they help you!!!

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. Hi! I found your blog on Emily's Blog Following list...I just had a baby boy a week ago, and I wrote a post about my labor and delivery experience. You are welcome to check it out! And your baby will come when the time is right, don't stress about it!


  4. Amy just hang in there its not too much longer!! My labor story was crazy...I thought my waters broke of partially broke 3 days before i went in labor so i went to l&d to find out that it was false labor. Then on that friday the 4th I woke up and had a sudden urge to get my invoices billed out because I guess my body knew something I didn't. Then I was leaking a little bit and I thought to myself maybe im in labor? Well I had a dr. appt scheduled at 10:00 that morning anyways so i went back to ber and woke up at 8:00 no contractions during all of this. Then charles and i went to chick-fil-a for breakfast at around 9:00 i sat down while charles got our food. Then here's the funny part...I asked the hostess if she had a pad bc i felt a little damp...lol then she went in the back and grabbed one for me (she was so sweet) then she came to the table to try to be hush hush about it then when i got up and there was a huge GUSH!!!! My waters broke! charles grabbed my clothes in the car for me so i could change in the bathroom. Then i came out sat back down and finishd my breakfast bc i knew at that point i wasnt going to be eating for a VERY long time until she came out. The people at chickfila thought i was crazy, but i was a hungry pregnant person what else was i going to do? Then we headed to our midwives appt. and i was for sure in labor. They had to induse me bc i wasnt contracting at all. i went the first 18 hours without an epidurrel(sp) and 10 hours of that i was on pitosin <----not fun!!! After 35 hours i had a beautiful 7lb 7 oz baby girl Avalene she was 21 inches long and a good amount of hair!!! I did not have a c-section bc my midwife kept fighting for me bc the doctor was ready to cut me open at 24 hours. She came exactly 9 hours before her due date so she was right on time pretty much so i went the full term. We were in the hospital for superbowl sunday too. Everything will be fine and we will keep praying for you!! Hope you enjoyed my labor story and i pray your labor is not nearly as long as mine!!!

  5. Very exciting! Hope it happens soon. Make sure you take your hospital bag with you just in case! =)