Well, the last few days have been a little tough. It started on Sunday when I began to feel a little cramping... pretty much like period cramps, but it wasn't at all painful so I didn't think much about it. Then Monday it got a little bit worse, but still not very painful. I went to one of my co-workers (who has become such a great friend to me this year), since she has had two babies, and asked her if it was normal to feel like that. She told me I should probably call the doctor just in case... so I did and they told me to come in immediately. I had to leave school right away to make it to the doctor.
When I got to the doctor they hooked me up to a machine to determine whether I was having contractions or not. They told me that yes, I was having contractions and then had to check my cervix. They said my cervix was only 12 mm long and should be about 26 mm at this point, so it was about half as long as it should be. They perscribed some meds to make the contractions stop and to hopefully keep me from going into labor. They also scheduled an appointment for me to come in the next day to get a steriod shot to help Caycen's lungs develop faster just in case he decides to come early.
Tuesday I went in around 2:00 and they hooked me up to the stress monitor again to see if I was still having any contractions. The test showed that I wasn't, but I told my doctor that I was still feeling very crampy. They checked everything and said I was looking good, then she had to check my cervix again... well I was 1 cm dilated! She immediately admitted me to the hospital so that they could hook me up to some fluids, antibiotics, and keep me under observation. They did all this to keep me from continuing labor. They even gave me a test that was positive for preterm labor. While I was in the hospital they gave me my first shot of hte steriod for Caycen's lungs. They also did a sonogram to measure our little Caycen. He was about 4 lbs 9 oz, which is pretty good for 33 weeks! I was a little relieved to hear that!
We had to stay in the hospital all night and all day today... then around 5:00 today they gave me my 2nd shot of the steriod and checked me one more time to make sure that I hadn't dilated anymore. I was still only 1 cm, so my Dr. released me to go home. She told me that I will be on strict bed rest and will not be able to get up to do anything but use the bathroom and take a shower. What fun... NOT! But I will do anything to keep Caycen in for as long as I can!!!
The dr. told us that she hopes we can make it a few more weeks before he comes... ME TOO!!! I am so ready to see my little man, but I would rather him come when he will be nice and healthy and not have to be hooked up to any machines. I want to be able to take him home with us so we can love on him!
Thank you for all of your prayers and please continue to pray that he will at least stay in my tummy for a few more weeks. It was so wonderful to have so many people telling us how they were thinking about us and praying for us! God has blessed us with such wonderful friends and family!!!! We love y'all!!!!