Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Break Plans

Last night I was thinking of all the things that I would like to get done over my spring break... as I thought, the list got longer and LONGER... I figured I needed to write it down so I wouldn't forget.  Now I'm the type of person who plans to do a lot and only gets a little done.  I thought that maybe if I blog about it and update my progress throughout the week, then maybe I will feel obligated to get a little more done.  So this blog is for you and for ME.

My Spring Break checklist:

1.  Tim McGraw concert on Sunday night!  We are so excited about the concert because Tim McGraw will be there along with The Band Perry and Luke Bryan! We are going with a bunch of our best friends!

2.  Finish Caycen's wall letters. I started on these yesterday (technically I was already on spring break) and I would like to finish them and have them hung up before the break is over.  Painting the letters was harder than I thought it would be.
This is what they look like so far... not done painting though!

3.  Take our 3 bags of clothes to Plato's Closet to see if I can get some money for them...

4.  Take our HUGE trash bag full of clothes and the clothes I don't sell at Plato's Closet to Goodwill (along with a t.v. and some other crap if Chance will let me!!!!).

5.  Organize our pantry with some great ideas I found!
pantry

6.  Organize my "Craft Space", because it is a DISASTER!!!!!!!! It's also the first room when you walk into the front door that you see, so it needs to look a LOT better.  This area is going to be hard to organize though, because Chance has all his deer heads and turkey in this room, so there isn't much wall space.  I am going to have to get CREATIVE!!!!
Ok, this is even messier than usual because I did a lot of stuff in there yesterday, but yeah, you get the picture! I NEED to get organized :)

7.  Get a bookshelf for the living room to put all our DVDs on.
This hidious thing has been sitting in our living room since we moved into our house almost 2 years ago! Definitely need to get it out of the living room!

8.  Take maternity pictures on Saturday with Sunny! So excited about this! :)

9.  Find outfits that I can wear for those maternity pics... hmmm... I might be making a trip to Motherhood.
Motherhood Store online


10.  Lay out in the sun some (yeah, when will I have time to do this with all the things on my list already??? Well I will MAKE time :) )... I'll have to make room for some girl time with my bestie!

11.  Volunteer at one of the Easter services at church and attend one service.


I think that's pretty much everything that I had planned to do for Spring Break... now let's see how much of that I get done ;)  I may need some words of encouragement, so you guys leave me some comments!!! Also let me know what plans and projects you guys have going on..

Caycen's Room:
I also thought I would put a few pictures of Caycen's room so far... we haven't even began decorating, so we have A LOT to do still!!!
View from door

a bunch of junk on the floor

He already has clothes in the closet (and mommy needs to get her crap out of there!!!)

His baby wipes are ready to go... the alligator is actually an easter basket I found at hobby lobby, I just tucked the handle inside the body and figured I could use it to keep lotion and other stuff in there :)

Words to Live by (stolen from a friend):
Now I want to leave you with something that really made me think today (yes, already thinking hard at 7 in the morning!!! haha).  My friend Emily put this poem on her website and I absolutely LOVE it!!!! The poem is written by Mother Teresa and engraved on the wall of her home for the children of  Calcutta. 

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway...

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.


I hope you enjoyed the poem as much as I did, thanks Emily for posting it!!!  :)
HAVE A WONDERFUL SUNDAY!!!

love ~ Aimes

No comments:

Post a Comment