Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Journey of Pregnancy - 2nd Trimester

Today is the last day of my 2nd trimester! WOW that went by fast!!! Tomorrow I will be 25 weeks! The 2nd trimester is when I really started to actually feel pregnant... for many reasons.

How I Felt:
During the 2nd trimester I actually started getting some energy back.  It was great, because at school I felt tired all the time early in the pregnancy and just felt like a horrible teacher.  But, I finally got my energy back and could move around a lot more.  Unfortunately, near the ending of my 2nd trimester I started having some lower back pain.  I'm still having the pain but it's off and on.  Some days it hurts all day, some days it only hurts at night, and some days it just hurts in the afternoons.  I feel lucky though because that's all that's hurt SO FAR.

Body:
Well, my pictures will prove how much my body has changed during the 2nd trimester... which is A LOT!!! Everyone still says I don't look 25 weeks pregnant, but I feel like I do.  I think the first week I really started to pop was about week 20.  I have also started to get spider veins in my legs YUCK!!! The doctor says it's probably from standing all day (how can you teach sitting down???). 

Here are some belly pics:

14 Weeks

16 weeks

17 weeks

18 weeks

20 weeks

21 weeks

22 weeks


24 weeks
 Cravings:
Ok, maybe I'm just a boring pregnant person, but I don't feel like I've really had too many cravings.  I think the only thing I crave are things that the doctor says DON'T eat.  I've had some sushi (a few bites, don't worry!), I've still been eating subs from Subway (yes, isn't that crazy, they tell you not to eat deli meat except for Boar's Head because of the way it is stored and it could have bacteria on it - BLAH!), I have coke every now and then, and also at least a piece of chocolate a day.  ONE thing that I have really enjoyed the smell of since I've been pregnant is BEER.  That's so weird of me because I've NEVER liked beer, but recently when I smell it I really want to taste it.  I think this is the only weird thing that I have wanted since being pregnant.  Oh and good news, I ate Chick-fil-a yesterday and actually enjoyed it for the first time since I've been pregnant!!! YAY! I'm so glad that I don't get sick thinking about Chick-fil-a anymore! :)

Best and Worst Moments:
The worst moment has to be when I ALMOST fell in the lunchroom at school one day because some kid spilled applesauce right beside the table and didn't pick it up.  I slipped in the applesauce and grabbed the table and caught myself before I could hit the floor.  That pretty much made my heart stop! It strained my wrist and my back at the same time.  Now I am VERY cautious when walking in the lunchroom every day.

The best moment is easy! It's definitley the first time I felt Caycen move with my hand.  I felt him for the first time moving inside of me at about 17 weeks.  At 19 weeks I was laying down on my bed about to go to sleep, my hands were resting on my stomach, and all of a sudden I felt something kick my hand.  I didn't move or breathe because I wasn't sure if that was actually him or not.  But then about 3 seconds later he kicked again and then another 3 seconds later he kicked AGAIN! I knew that it was him after the third kick.  Chance wasn't there so I called him and started crying and telling him that I felt him with my hand.  Then I ran into Taylor's bedroom to tell her also! I was SUPER excited.  After that night I felt him kick all the time.  Three nights after I felt him the first time, I was laying in bed and he was kicking, so I grabbed Chance's hand and put it on my stomach for him to feel and that was the first time Chance felt him kick.  He was so excited and I knew it wasn't just me anymore!  Now it's to the point where I feel him all the time and can even see him move across my tummy. 

I think the 2nd best moment of the 2nd trimester was probably when we found out that we were having a boy! It was so much fun finding out! If you missed my story on how we find out, check out my earlier posts Baby Boy and Finding Out to see how much fun it was!  I think the greatest part was having our friends and family there to find out with us.  It really meant a lot to see how excited they were for us.

More Fun Stuff:
During the 2nd trimester we picked out the baby bedding and painted the nursery (see my earlier post Planning to see the bedding and wall paint color), we picked out his name, Caycen Edward Darley (see how we made the decision on the post Baby Update), and just today I bought his BABY FURNITURE!!! Yay!!! I can't wait for it to be here and to put it all together up in Caycen's room! Here is a picture of the furniture set we ordered:

Closing Thoughts:
Well, the 2nd trimester went by super fast, a LOT faster than the first trimester.  Being pregnant definitely has gotten better.  I just can't wait to meet our little man!  Caycen is going to be one spoiled youngin!

3rd trimester here we come!!!! :)

God Bless ~ Aimes

No comments:

Post a Comment