Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Darley Baby #2 Has a Name

Chance and I have actually agreed on a name for the little Darley girl that will be arriving in July!

From the time I was married and thought about having kids, I had hoped I would have one girl someday (not two but one haha), and I knew that her middle name would be June after my very special Granny. I wanted my daughter to have a name that meant something special and what name would be more special than the name of one of the most important women women in my life? My granny was like my second mama and really helped raise me. She has taught me so much throughout my life and I wanted her to know how much she means to me.

A first name was a completely different story... We had a BUNCH of names on our lists but we really couldn't agree on one. Either, one of us thought it sounded funny, it was just a weird name, or it was at the top of the "most popular baby girl names" list. We wanted to make sure that we picked a name that wasn't too crazy, but also wasn't so popular that there would be 3 other kids with the same name in her class one day at school. Well after knocking off every name on our list, I text Chance from school asking him of he liked this particular name. He responded "That's it!" wow!!! It was the first name that we actually agreed on. So of course I had to ask my mama and my mother-in-law what they thought of the name. They both said that they loved it and my mama went as far to say "well if you name her anything else I'm still going to call her that". Haha! I guess she did LOVE it. After saying it to each other for about a week, we finally decided that it was official and we would be calling her...




I hope it fits :)

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment