Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Letter to 2 Year Old Big Boy C

Letter to Caycen from Mommy:



Dear 2 Year Old BIG BOY C,

I can’t believe it’s time for me to write you another letter already!!!! The time is flying and you are growing up so so fast {yes, I realize I will probably be saying this in every single letter, but it’s true!}.  I have enjoyed every single minute of this last year with you.  I feel so blessed that God has made me your mommy.  I wouldn’t trade one second that I get to spend with you.



You are no longer “Baby C”, but you have become our “BIG BOY”.  You are talking in sentences and can express yourself VERY well.  You are definitely a “mama’s boy”, but you sure do love spending time with your Daddy!






You are SUPER smart… which I’ve also probably told you a LOT… but it’s the truth.  You know all of your letters, capitals since about 18 months and lower case since about 19 months.  You know numbers 1-10, you can count to 14, you know your colors, you know the shapes circle, square, triangle, diamond, heart, and you can even count out objects.  You can read YOUR name, which is the cutest thing because you always point to yourself and do a sort of bow when reading your name out loud.  You can even tell me the names of certain books like “I Love You This Much”, “Goodnight Moon”, and “The Cat In The Hat”.  Your favorite book, and one you can actually recite, is “Chicka Chicka ABC”.


One of my favorite things that you’ve started doing this year is saying prayers and saying the blessing at dinner. Of course, you’ve kind of memorized what we’ve said with you almost every night of your life, and that’s what you usually pray.  Lately you’ve come up with some of your own things to pray about though, like thanking God for your blankey! SO.STINKIN.CUTE!



Some of your favorite things to do right now are swimming (which you LOVE your swimmies), sliding down the slide at the pool, sliding down our slide into your kiddie pool, reading books, playing on the Ipad, watching Caillou, Mickey Mouse, Sid the Science Kid, and Wibbly the Pig, throwing balls in the hoop with Daddy, cuddling on the couch with Mommy, playing with bubbles, playing in the sprinklers, paint, and pretty much playing anything outside. 









Your favorite things to eat right now are Cheeze-Its, almost any kind of fruit, pudding, chicken nuggets, French fries, pancakes, turkey, bread and honey, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.




You’ve started, somewhat, potty training.  You have pooped on the potty several times now, but you don’t like it.  You like to go pee pee outside on the grass and in the shower. I don’t mind this because it’s really hard for you to get your pee pee in the potty right now. We will work on this over the summer too.



I am so proud of the little boy that you’ve become. You are so polite. You already say “thank you” after anyone gives you anything, and “you’re welcome” whenever someone tells you “thank you”. We are working on saying “yes, sir” and “yes, ma’am” now that you can distinguish between a yes and a no.

I am so excited for you to become a big brother next month, because I know you are going to be the best big brother in the entire world.  I hope that you always know how much I love you and how special you are to me.  I look forward to celebrating many more birthdays!!!

I love you so much,
Mommy


I hope you have fun at your 2nd birthday party tomorrow!!! It will be a blast I'm sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment