Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentine's Day

Don't you just LOVE Valentine's Day??? Well, I do!  I like how you have an excuse to do something special for the one that you love... not that we can't do something special whenever we want, but it's kind of cool to know that something will happen on that day.  For Chance and I it's kind of nice to have that day because our anniversary is in June, so I feel like we get something sweet to say "I love you" for each other twice a year that we know will happen for sure...

Anyway, the other day Chance and I were talking about all the cute stuff that we've done for each other on Valentine's Day over the years... Chance and I started dating in March of 2005, so we just missed Valentine's Day that year. So, February 14, 2006 was our first Valentine's Day together and it was SOOO sweet!!! When I was in class Chance covered my bed with rose petals and spelled out "I ❤ U" , he left me Dr. Pepper (my favorite drink which I gave up for a New Year's Resolution a few years ago), Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (my favorite candy), big balloons, and of course a mushy gushy Valentine's Day card! Here is are a few pics:




For him I put balloons all over his room, got him a cute little monkey, a calendar, put a bunch of chocolate hearts on his bed along with some candles (I was terrified about putting the candles on there though so I moved some to the nightstands instead)... Here are some pics:




That was definitely a great year!!!

I think every year since then we've done something a little smaller, but always something special.  I have always given him candy and a card of some sort and I know that every year on Valentine's Day I will be getting a dozen roses at work (which I love because I can show off how sweet my husband is!!!).  This year I made him this cute little jar that says "Sweets 4 my sweet❤" on it, a card using my cricut, and this cute little bannder to hang in our living room.  Here is a pic of the jar and banner:


I can't wait for next Valentine's Day to come already!!! :) I'm going to try to be a little more creative... and Caycen will be here for our next V-day too!!!!

Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day as well!!!

~Aimes


No comments:

Post a Comment